Position: NOC Technician I
The NOC Technician is responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of Wholesail Networks infrastructure. This position is responsible to monitor, document, escalate problems, and receive customer calls. The NOC Technician spends a great deal of time working in a team environment with other Network staff, but also works on projects independently.
We are hiring for two shifts:
Monday - Thursday from 1:30 PM - 12:30 AM
Friday - Sunday from 7 AM - 7 PM
- Monitor network using software and stations provided.
- Troubleshoot incidents and events and escalate appropriately.
- Provide technical aid to customers, while ensuring a best-in-class customer support experience.
- Follow procedures.
- Provide 24x7 support for the Wholesail Networks system.
- Provide afterhours customer support.
- Document fully and to Wholesail Network’s standards.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Desired Skills:
- Telecom Network Operations Center experience preferred.
- Knowledge of network protocols and networking technologies preferred.
- Experience and understanding of Cisco Systems switches and routers preferred.
- Basic understanding of IPv4 and IPv6 subnet address standards preferred.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills required.
- Ability to use NOC tools for issue identification and escalation.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels within an organization.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required.
- Ability to operate various office equipment such as personal computer, various software programs including Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, Visio), and telephone systems.
- Ambitious and goal oriented.
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills are required.
- Ability to work as part of a team while performing as an individual.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- Ability to drive on behalf of the company in a safe and responsible manner.
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record.
- Ability to sit and operate a computer for long periods of time in a typical office environment.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 20 pounds.